Our 16 hour outdoor first aid course includes:
- The “ABC”s of first aid – Basic first aid procedures
- CPR – How to keep someone alive
- Casualty Handling – Preventing further injury and protecting the spine
- Splints, breaks, traumas – Coping with injuries
- Asthma, Angina, Heart Attack – Illnesses that a first aider will be able to treat
- Diabetes – Preventing and dealing with diabetic problems.
- Plenty of Scenarios!
Our first aid courses meet the requirements of the national governing bodies for outdoor pursuits instructors:
- MLTUK – Mountain Leader Training Board
- BCU – British Canoe Union Star Awards and Coaching Awards
- RYA – Royal Yachting Association Instructor
- British Orienteering Federation, etc…
Who’s it for?
These outdoor first aid courses are suitable for anyone with an interest in providing emergency First Aid, and are perfect for instructors needing to keep their NGB qualifications valid. We use realistic first aid scenarios that are designed to match the situations that you are likely to encounter, whether you are an individual, instructor, activity leader, scout, family, or commercial organisation. As well as teaching the key techniques listed below, you will spend a lot of time on each course outdoors, putting your skills to the test away from the comfort of the classroom, and seeing how they hold up in a real-world situation. You can expect to find diabetic walkers inconveniently situated between the trees, kayakers stranded on riverbanks, and climbers on rocky outcrops.
No previous experience is required, and no prior knowledge is assumed.
What our customers say…
“An in-depth and interesting course delivered in an engaging way by an enthusiastic trainer.” 250th Manchester Scouts, October 2013
“I just wanted to thank you […] My mate dislocated her shoulder on a club trip. Luckily we knew what to do and had all the garb, but it was an air ambulance epic, so please thank [the trainers].” Outdoor First Aid Training, Durham, 2010.
All public courses take place in Manchester or north London. Courses are also sometimes offered at alternate locations in the area on demand.
Costs, Dates and Availability
This is a two day course. Discounts are available for group bookings of three or more people. Closed group bookings cost £840 for a group of twelve people, and you’ll save even more if you are able to provide your own venue.
For more information call Will on 07941 645 520.
You may also be interested to read recent news and special offers on Outdoor first aid courses