Our one day (aquatic) First Aid course teaches you everything you’ll need to know to deal with first aid emergencies, and particularly watersports related problems like drowning.
You’ll also cover the syllabus of the nationally recognised Emergency First Aid at Work course, so you know you’re learning useful skills!
You can expect to learn all of this:
- A simple, memorable routine for dealing with incidents: the ABCs of first aid.
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- CPR and mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
- Dealing with bleeding and broken bones
- Common medical emergencies like Asthma, Heart attack and drowning.
- Hypothermia and watersports related emergencies.
- Casualty handling, protecting the spine, and the recovery position
- Additional problems in treating cold and wet casualties.
The successful participants (which we expect will be everybody!) can receive a nationally recognised EFAW certificate.
No previous experience is required, and no prior knowledge is assumed. This course is suitable for beginners.
What our customers say
- Definitely worth the time and money, Stefi, Rickmansworth
- Very good instructors and a very thorough course. It was very much enjoyed. Thomas, Durham
- Good fun and practical, Matt, Sheffield
- Really fun course, great instructors, lots of useful and interesting information, Joel, Sheffield
All public courses take place in Manchester (within the M60). Courses are also sometimes offered at alternate locations in the area on demand. Winter courses take place indoors. In summer, parts of the course can take place outdoor, weather permitting.
Typical venues include:
- Manchester Conference Centre
- The Inspire Centre
- Mellor Lodge
Course Duration & Cost
This is a one day course.
The cost is £95 per person, with discounts available for students or NGB holders.
Closed group bookings cost £500 for a group of up to twelve people, plus mileage from Greater Manchester. Available upon request at your workplace, club or suitable location.
Dates and availability
You can view our calendar of upcoming course dates and availability here. Just click on each green box for what courses are available on each date.
Questions? More info? Confused?
You can give Will a ring on 07941 645 520 if you’d like any more help or information before booking, or email firstname.lastname@example.org